MBL 101 X-treme
- Four tower speaker- omni directional, 1.5 tons of Luxury
- Mirror-imaged Radialstrahler bass, midrange & tweeter array
- Massive standard alone bass tower includes internal balanced amplifier
- The main tower holds a pair of mirror-imaged omnidirectional Radialstrahler driver arrays, supported by an armature of acrylic, steel, and wood, while the lacquered woofer columns house a quartet each of proprietary 12-inch bass drivers.
The mbl Flagship, the embodiment of thirty years of research and development. Unquestionably our most ambitious effort to date, each hand finished X-treme is a thing to behold, a sculptural device that benefits for classic Germany attention to detail, and obsession with perfection. This World-class loudspeaker uses three pulsating spheres (for bass, midrange, and high frequencies) as a starting point, MBL’s engineers and craftspeople employed carbon fiber, aluminum, steel, acrylic, and wood to create this massive four-tower speaker system.
It's all in the details.
The entire array weighs in at 3600 pounds, and each 101 X-Treme requires 90 days to fabricate and calibrate, and a undergoes a series of rigorous tests before final release.
But reading about the 101X-Treme Reference System is one thing. Experiencing it is something else again. When it comes to recreating a musical event, any musical event—the 101X-Treme brings home the unbridled power of full symphony orchestra, the visceral wallop of a live rock or hip-hop concert, as well as the intimacy of a jazz trio or the delicacy of a solo flute. To call it extraordinary is an understatement.
101 X-treme - Technical Specification
- Type: Four-way omnidirectional loudspeaker with separate subwoofer towers and ambience tweeter in four chassis
- Drivers (per speaker side): Two Radial TT100 woofers, two Radial MT50/E midrange, two HT37/E Radial tweeters, one “ambience” dome tweeter, six 12″ aluminum cone subwoofers
- Frequency response: 20Hz-40kHz
- Sensitivity: 88dB/2.8V/2pi
- SPL: 109dB
- Power handling: 500W (continuous), 2200W (peak)
- Speaker Dimensions: WxHxD (cm) 49.6 x 185 x 64
- Speaker Weight: 265 kgs (584 lbs) each
- Subwoofer Tower Dimensions: WxHxD (cm): 41 x 186 x 67.5
- Subwoofer Tower Weight: 226 kgs (498 lbs) each
- Cabinet design: black, white, individual finishes (face veneer, multi-layer piano lacquer, silk gloss finishes, leather surfaces in many different colors)
- Connectivity options for speaker unit: passive, one connection per three-way group
- Connectivity options for subwoofer: active (cinch or XLR)