- 250 Watts into 8 Ohms
- 300 Watts into 4 Ohms
- 2U rack mountable
- Perfect for home theater surround sound speakers
- Can also be used in distributed audio
The MI254 4-Channel Digital Amplifier is a versatile multi-channel amplifier ideal for use in distributed audio, home theater or 2-channel stereo playback. It delivers 250 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers or 300 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers via its highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers. These amplifiers are paired with extremely robust power supplies that produce performance levels rarely achieved in distributed audio.
It has installer-friendly physical dimensions and is 2U rack mountable via the included mounting ears (the mounting ears are removable for non-rack installations). As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature. In addition to distributed audio use, the MI254 is well suited for home theaters to drive surround sound speakers and could be integrated into virtually any existing home theater system.
On the front panel are two blue McIntosh Watt Meters that display the summed power output of channels 1 + 2 and channels 3 + 4. Multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel. The back panel includes both a balanced and unbalanced input for each channel along with our standard 5-way speaker binding posts.
Other features that come with the MI254 are: Loudspeaker Guard signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers; our Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal; BUS input & outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and/or multiple amplifiers; individual channel inputs; 12 Volt triggering capabilities; and eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time or automatically turns the amp on when it senses a signal.
The MI254 includes many McIntosh design cues including a black glass front panel, blue Watt meters, an illuminated McIntosh logo, and a familiar form factor highlighted by silver trim. Contact your local dealer to learn more about integrating the MI254 into your custom audio installation.
- Power Output per Channel250 Watts into 8 Ohms
300 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Number of Channels4
- Total Harmonic Distortion0.025%
- S/N below rated output100dB
- Dynamic Headroom8 Ohms: 2.5dB
4 Ohms: 3.5dB
- Damping Factor8 Ohms: >85
4 Ohms: >45
- Rated Power Band20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response+0, -0.9dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Remote Power ControlYes
- Multi-Channel DB25 CableN/A
- Speaker Binding Post TypeStandard
- Circuit ConfigurationClosed loop digital switching
- Circuit DesignDigital
- Mono BridgeN/A
- Mono ParallelN/A
- Output TypeDirect Coupled
- Meter Light SwitchNo
- Balanced Input4
- Front PanelGlass with removable rack mounting ears
- IlluminationDirect LED
- Chassis StyleBlack painted steel
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D)17-1/2" (44.45cm) (19" (48.3cm with mounting ears)) x 4-5/16" (11cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Unit Weight23.5 lbs (10.7 kg)
- Shipping Weight40 lbs (18.1 kg)